Skip to main content

Old Crocheted Blankets

 

Here are the two blankets that my sister sent home with our Daughter K.  Of course she tells me to take care of them.  Urgh.  I'm sure that my Grandma on my Dad's side crocheted them.  I have no use for them, so I guess they will be donated.  The colors!!

I cleaned out the walkway from garage door to garage.  Daughter K left a box of flavored waters in there from 2 years ago.  Sheesh.  Now I have room to store flooring for the living room.

I also went upstairs to fetch packing tape, and found dishes in her old room.  She has a lot to clean out yet.

Comments

Hummingbird said…
Put those afghans on E-Bay. There are people who collect them. :)
Mother Em said…
Blankets remind me of Halloween or Charlie Brown, haha. What a treasure from your Dad's Grandma, but understand the donation.

Love, love the improvements happening in your home. Wish you were closer, I/we have a ton of stuff that should be done here and we'd put YOU GUYS to work!

Have a beautiful Good Friday and an even better relaxing Beautiful Easter.
Jackie said…
Actually those colours would almost be perfect in my living room. I would just change one to a darker brown.

God bless.
those colours are so 70's!! I think they're fab but in a reminiscing kind of way, not in a want-them-on-my-sofa kind of way LOL

Jillxo
Yarrow said…
I know what you mean about those colours, very 1970's! My gran was an avid crocheter but mostly used old jumpers as her source of wool which led to some amazingly varied coloured blankets, if you get my drift!
Thank you everyone. My Daughter E took both blankets for her apt. I explained they were made by her great grandmother, and she immediately wanted them. I'm just thankful they stayed in the family.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart