Skip to main content

The to-do list continues. . .

 

I have a lot on the to-do list this week.  Gosh.  I totally wish it was canning tomato sauce, but I don't think that's gonna happen.  Not unless a family member has tomatoes they want to get rid of.  So what's on the list that got done yesterday?



I canned hot pepper jelly.  Gave some hot peppers to my sister who was in town visiting Mom.



Made a breakfast scramble with steak, sausage, eggs, hot peppers, and cheese (burritos).

Took a few more totes upstairs and cleaned up an area of the bedroom (I've been pulling craft supplies from the closet).

Unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, and washed canning dishes.   There were many things on the list that didn't get done, so I'm back at it today.  I do feel it's the end of tomato season for me.  I'll watch it over the next few days, but mostly I'll be yanking plants soon.



Comments

HIBISCUS HOUSE said…
I wish I had your talent for making those! That breakfast scramble looks great!
Dolly
Thank you Dolly, the steak was added from a leftover grilling day.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart