Skip to main content

Weekend Work and ramblings

I went right back to deep cleaning Friday.  I'm beginning to work on the hallway where I have two bookshelves (hallway is wide and was added on for a person in a wheel chair).  I am super excited to start on this.  I have to decide if I want to paint the hallway after I get it all cleared out though.  I need warmer weather to paint too.

First, I completely emptied my pantry shelving unit my husband built, cleaned it, moved it to another room and filled it back up.  I'll be moving one hallway bookshelf to take is place next.  

Question.  I am looking for a small (travel size) iron for making my crafting purposes.  Do any of you have suggestions?  I found one on Amazon about $4 cheaper than on one I saw at our local Meijer. 


Our random act of kindness.  While on our cabin trip we stopped at an art gallery where they did glass blowing.  We picked this cute pair if earrings up for my husband's co-worker's wife.  She loves anything octopus.  So adorable. We've gone on motorcycle rides with this couple.  I hope she likes them.




Comments

mamasmercantile said…
Love the earrings, they are adorable and am sure they will be appreciated. It was such a thoughtful gift.
Jackie said…
Cute earrings.

God bless.
Leigh said…
Good for you for getting started on your spring cleaning! The octopus earrings are super cute. They'll be a hit, I'm sure!
Thank you mamasmercantile, Jackie and Leigh. She loved the earrings!
Carol said…
Those earrings are super cute! I am sure she will love them.
Carol, she loved the earrings!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart