Skip to main content

Putting Up ~ Winter Blues ~ Ideas to Revitalizing and Energizing Yourself

I grated and froze some romano cheese.  I am constantly putting up as we take something out of the freezer.  The way this world is being run, I'm working on preparedness constantly.


I am cleaning out one binder I had on my bookshelf with writing prompts.  I have no idea why I saved this one, but I am sharing considering the lack of sunshine this winter.   I have no idea where it was from, but I am sure I've had it for over 15 years.  

I never thought that putting in new flooring would lead to all of this other purging, but I'm glad it's happening.  I have more binders to clean out.

Also, in my binder, I have a list of 83 ways to revitalize and energize yourself.  I'll try and lit 5 each day until I reach 83.  

1. Listen to the voice in your body
2. Make a list of your present goals
3. Write a diary or a journal
4. Analyze your successes
5. Get feedback from others on how they see you.

Ha ha, we warmed up.  Yep.  "Feels like" 11° and 17°F this morning.  Stay warm and have a fantastic weekend.

Comments

Faith said…
Oh this weather has got to do. When was the last time you saw sunshine in NE Ohio. I am glad January is over, stay warm and well.
Cockeyed Jo said…
Be careful with the Black Cohosh and St john's Wort. They have some nasty side effects and contraindications. They will also build up some nasty chemical compounds in your system over time.
Faith, yes a month without much sunshine.
Cockeyed Jo, yes on both of those - side effects. I just shared, but don't use either of those. I have a cousin that used Black cohosh with no problems, but yeah both can cause problems.
Cindy said…
Jan 29 it got up to 42 degrees here in Waynesville, MO. Sun was shining bright all day! Took 20 minutes yesterday afternoon to sit outside in the sun full fledge and soak in rays of sunshine! So glad I did because today is all rain and mostly heavy rain!
Come on spring!
Thanks for encouraging me to purge! Seems like I can read your posts about such things and turn around myself to see where I can do the same thing!
Cindy, I'm glad my posts are encouraging.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart