Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, January 29, 2021

Putting Up ~ Winter Blues ~ Ideas to Revitalizing and Energizing Yourself

I grated and froze some romano cheese.  I am constantly putting up as we take something out of the freezer.  The way this world is being run, I'm working on preparedness constantly.


I am cleaning out one binder I had on my bookshelf with writing prompts.  I have no idea why I saved this one, but I am sharing considering the lack of sunshine this winter.   I have no idea where it was from, but I am sure I've had it for over 15 years.  

I never thought that putting in new flooring would lead to all of this other purging, but I'm glad it's happening.  I have more binders to clean out.

Also, in my binder, I have a list of 83 ways to revitalize and energize yourself.  I'll try and lit 5 each day until I reach 83.  

1. Listen to the voice in your body
2. Make a list of your present goals
3. Write a diary or a journal
4. Analyze your successes
5. Get feedback from others on how they see you.

Ha ha, we warmed up.  Yep.  "Feels like" 11° and 17°F this morning.  Stay warm and have a fantastic weekend.

6 comments:

Faith said...

Oh this weather has got to do. When was the last time you saw sunshine in NE Ohio. I am glad January is over, stay warm and well.

Cockeyed Jo said...

Be careful with the Black Cohosh and St john's Wort. They have some nasty side effects and contraindications. They will also build up some nasty chemical compounds in your system over time.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Faith, yes a month without much sunshine.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cockeyed Jo, yes on both of those - side effects. I just shared, but don't use either of those. I have a cousin that used Black cohosh with no problems, but yeah both can cause problems.

Cindy said...

Jan 29 it got up to 42 degrees here in Waynesville, MO. Sun was shining bright all day! Took 20 minutes yesterday afternoon to sit outside in the sun full fledge and soak in rays of sunshine! So glad I did because today is all rain and mostly heavy rain!
Come on spring!
Thanks for encouraging me to purge! Seems like I can read your posts about such things and turn around myself to see where I can do the same thing!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cindy, I'm glad my posts are encouraging.