Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Random Tidbits ~ Happy New Year!

 



I managed to finish the rag rug I started this year.  It's for the bathtub.  Sorry about the lighting, I took the photo just before dinner time.

The book store never called me back on the book they were waiting to price.  I'm assuming it was a legit signed copy and they were selling it for well more than I could afford.  I don't want a signed copy anyway.  I just wanted the recipes.

Happy New Year!

2020 has been a total bunch of hot garbage.  It can only get better from here, as I see it.  Dad's place is empty.  I can't explain how I feel after seeing it that way.  On a funny note, he had several typewriters - electric and manual.  There were 4 typewriters when I arrived with one daughter.  I told her "load 'em up, they are your project now."  She was fascinated that people used to use them.

May 2021 (but I said this in 2020 too) be better than the year before.  We can only hope right?



5 comments:

wyomingheart said...

Amen!

Cockeyed Jo said...

I'm still working on a knitted throw blanket for my bedroom. It's been cold enough that the yarn of completed throw doesn't overheat my legs. I still have my antique 1935 Underwood portable typewriter. It's a monster but still works! I just have to reink the ribbon and she'll be ready for action. I figure if the grid ever goes down, I can still type. I've even got a case of carbon paper in storage. I imagine writing homesteading how-to books on it like I started on my computer a decade ago. Now if I could just find an old printing press, I'd be in business. :o)

JustGail said...

What are the books? The only 2 volume set I can think of that would be worth more if signed is Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Yup, 2020 has been a stinker, I have to think hard to remember the good spots. There were a few. I think.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

JustGail, you are correct. I've been looking for a set and found vol 2, but it was signed and they never called me back.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cockeyed Jo, I hear you on working on larger things when it's cold out. I'm still working on a daughter's cardigan.