Skip to main content

Random Ramblings

Yesterday morning, right after I put up my blogpost, our internet service went out.  I literally stayed in jammies until I got that back up and running.  I had items in two carts to get ordered.  I'm pretty much stuck in this house until the car / truck issues are completed.

We can't start on the bathroom remodel until winter is over.  Our house would be freezing cold, not to mention I can't paint in there either, so that is frustrating. 

I could however (after Christmas) unload the bookshelves in the hall, move the bookshelves and hire a friend to come re-floor the hallway.   The carpet is old and worn and new flooring needs to go into about every room in the house.  So....it's on the possibility list.


I have created a new crochet item.  Not sure if it will sell well, but I plan to get more made for next year's craft shows.  It's an Aldi's quarter holder.  I know one daughter here could use it.  I plan to make some with hooks as well, so it can be clipped inside a purse or car.


Before  you head to your local dollar store for tuck in gifts made in China, head to Walmart instead.  I found these cute memo pads for $.98 and they are made in Vietnam.  By the way, it took me an hour to find them.  I bought them a while back and could not figure out where I had put them, as one was a tuck in for a gift.  Finally found them when I started wrapping birthday presents for Youngest.

The snow is still falling here, but light and not that much.  It's sort of pretty out too.  The chickens hate it for some reason.  It's still pretty cold here though.

Our hired mechanic never came back.  My husband replaced parts last night in the car, but ran into one more part that needs replaced.  He was too tired after work to start on the truck.  Brakes will be worked on this weekend.

Oh, our other daughter's test came back negative.  She is a happy gal.  So are we.

I'm up early to stoke the fire and plan the day.  It'll be a busy weekend for us.



 

Comments

mamasmercantile said…
Thrilled the test as negative, one less thing to worry about. Clever idea to make the coin holder, I am always hunting for £1 coin for the supermarket trolley.
mamasmercantile, our Aldi's requires a quarter for the use of a grocery cart. I think the girls could use them, so I will hopefully get more made to sell. yes, the test coming back negative is great (especially when the testing is so unreliable).

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart