Skip to main content

What a year....

What's been going on here?  Well, I realized when I was short of one box, I could go online and order them for free from the USPS.  It's been shipped, but my books have not arrived.

Dirtiest election year ever.  With so much uncertainty for our country, there could be the possibility of my husband losing his job (as well as many other Americans).

There is voter fraud.  It's real.  Friends of my best friend (of many many years who I email every single day) went to vote.  The wife was told she could not vote, because she had already voted.  She said "no I didn't vote."  She had to verify that the ballot that was mailed in was not her signature.  

Haven't started on the bathroom renovation.  My husband has had no time and also no motivation.  He's been working 10 hour days and more overtime is possible next week as well.

No word on the car.  I think my husband has been too busy to even think about calling about it.

Chainsaw parts are delayed, but a friend is loaning us a chainsaw for now (husband just has to go pick it up).

I made headway on my daughter's cardigan while watching the news, but had to turn it off.  I couldn't take anymore of it.

I started to put together a new crochet set to sell.  Made a list of items people requested, and the first things that need restocked.

I've been mentally exhausted by dinner time, so I switched up the dinner last night and made a one dish baked casserole with asparagus in it.  Forgot to take a photo.

I made a batch of Einkorn flour peanut butter cookies.  It was just what we needed at the end of the day.




Comments

Marleen, I took hope that next week is better. The cookies are very good, but it's hard to find the flour. Higher in protein and so good.
Faith said…
BIG TIME shenanigans going on. I've turned off all incoming noise. Working on crafts and enjoying the weather. Focusing on things which bring joy. Can't do much about anything else. I love PB Cookies, and you make them as I do with the criss cross, the way my mom did. I do make them for Christmas with the kiss. Fraud is Fraud, it knows no color, no political affiliation...WRONG IS WRONG anyway you slice it.
Lady Locust said…
PB Cookies are my favorite :-) How did you know (heehee)
Blessings to you~
Faith, I am doing the exact thing you are. I am focusing on what makes me happy. Hence the cookies lol! Yes, fraud is fraud.
Lady Locust, sending you a virtual peanut butter cookie ha ha!
Cockeyed Jo said…
Yup, you're mentally tired when Einkorn flour is typed Einkorn flower. LOL But they look fantastic.

Don't get me started on the election. They said that computerize voting was the safest. Now, they have found a virus that was changing votes. Dirtiest doesn't even come close to describing this election.
Bwahahahaha! Cockeyed Jo, I didn't even see that. He he! Oh boy...

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart