Skip to main content

Port Wine Jelly

Sharing another blog draft.  I guess I had plans to make another batch of this jelly, but never did.  I used to make it for gifting family and friends.  The first time making this jelly, was back in August of 2013.  There used to be a link to a free online recipe for this, and since then, the link no longer works.

It's actually called Balsamic Vinegar-Ruby Port Jelly, from Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Publications (2013).

I did not do a lot of searching online, but I did see this magazine for sale on ebay and other locations, including an ebook option.  


The same magazine also contains a recipe for strawberry margarita jam, that is so good!  It's not reduced sugar, but it is also great for gifting (or for yourself).

It is a magazine, but I cannot remember where I picked it up either.  If you search on Bing for the jelly recipe it comes up, but not on Google Chrome (as of this post anyway).




The jelly is great for snacking, as in an appetizer with cream cheese and crackers, but it is not good at all for a PB and J sandwich.

If you are looking for a different jelly to gift, or take along to gatherings for an appetizer, this is a good one.  Also,  I originally canned this in half pint jars, but for gifting, I would use the 4 oz. canning jars.




Comments

Jackie said…
Sounds very interesting.

God bless.
Jo-Anne's Ramblings and Jackie, it is much different type of jelly.

Popular posts from this blog

Question

  I have asked this before, but I know I follow a few writers who have written (and published) novels.  What is the best free or best least expensive (simple like Word) writing software to use that is not Google Docs? Thanks! I'll be back with an update soon I hope.  But I do appreciate your help, because I cannot find the information some of you suggested.

Horsetail Salve ~ A "first" this Year

We purchased some horsetail salve to try last year.  It is said to help with severely dry, cracked skin.  My husband was the first to try it, with very, very dry and cracked hands from work. He loves it!  He joked I could not have it back.   I started the infused, horsetail oil the last part of March. Something I learned:   horsetail is also called shavegrass. I infused horsetail in oil, and strained it.  I then made horsetail salve.  I remembered to label my jar with what oil(s) I used, so I can journal this all in my "Herbal Remedies" journal.  I often forget to write the oil used. Now, the one we bought, has more in it than I put in ours, as far as ingredients (the purchased salve had lanolin, and aloe).  We'll see if ours works just as good.  I added the sage essential oil, and vitamin E oil. A "first" time experience for us this year.    I bought the larger tins at a seed store in an Amish area last year.  They a...

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart