Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, July 27, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday




What happens when your husband takes the laundry down, lol!  Sort of made me chuckle.  He had told me "I probably didn't do it right."  Ha ha!



I'm joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom today, although it's not been happy around here for a very long week. 


The weather . . . 
Well, it's supposed to thunderstorm this afternoon.  We'll see if it actually happens.


How I am feeling this morning . . .
Frustrated, mad, sad....

On my mind . . .
A lot.  I may be canning for the first time this garden season.  We shall see.


On the breakfast plate . . .
(I'll add a picture later)
Sausage, egg and cheese muffins.

On my reading pile . . .
Nothing right now.

On the TV . . .
Anything interesting.


On the menu . . .
I'm going to cook for the first time since last Friday - crock pot sloppy joes and oven baked sweet potato fries.
- have no idea otherwise



From the camera . . .
Nothing.  I would have taken a photo of the green beans I picked yesterday - put up another 3#.


Looking around the house . . .
It's still a hot mess, and the dogs destroyed some dog toys and there is now fluff all over the living room. Sigh....


Chore I am not looking forward to  . . .
Canning.  I am just lacking the motivation to get anything done right now.

To relax this week I will . . .
Work on crocheting more jar openers.  I will put them up for sale once I have some done.


Something I want to share . . .
I have nothing.

On my prayer list . . .
Our country, my youngest daughter and her boyfriend's family, his best friend's family.  Us and to catch these dang raccoons.  More on the coons later....

8 comments:

Goatldi said...

How many and what size jars on the beans? I am trying to figure out how many beans to buy. I did a small starter garden this year to get my feet wet. I will have a few beans but not enough for canning.

When Geoffrey grew and I canned he would harvest in five gallon buckets and I just spent the morning canning. There were four of us then. So I am faced with the chore of figuring out how many to get from the farm down the road to give me what I need. But size is everything and your information will be helpful .

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Goatldi, I've never canned my beans, and thought I might this year. However, they are coming off 2-3# at a picking. I would think you'd need a hoard at once to do it that way. My grandma canned her beans in quart jars.

Marilyn in SW MO said...

Since there are only 2 of us to eat the green beans now, I have been canning them in pint jars. One gallon ziploc freezer bag full of green beans will provide you with 6 pints of canned green beans. Hope this is a help. Praying for all of you. Marilyn in SW MO

Luludou said...

Sending you hugs. Have a great week

threesidesofcrazy said...

LOL my husband tries to help also and always says the same thing too :D Have a GREAT week.

mamasmercantile said...

Sending a big hug your way and know that you remain in my prayers. Take care.

Jean said...

Hope your week is going well! Raccoons scare me but they don't bother us too much other than when they eat my bird seed.

Joanna Unbehaun said...

Sending hugs and prayers your way!
I hope things got better for you this week!