Skip to main content

Photo shoot from the front porch




Baby yellow finch.  So happy to see that Mom and Dad had a baby.  I will have to keep an eye out for more.



More blooms in the flower garden.


My new addition to the flower bed is blooming wonderfully.

I almost had a close up photo of a Boston Oriole, but by the time I got my gimmpie rear to get my camera, he/she flew off.  Hubby and I got to see it though while playing cards on the front porch last night.  That's about all I accomplished, other than watering everything.

Comments

Faith said…
Beautifull birds I always get tickled when I see one of such color which isn't often. your flowers are pretty, I do like Tiger Lillies. Hope your back (hip) is feeling better I've had a few bouts of sciatica myself not fun. Moving around is your best idea I was told by a Dr.
Faith, thanks. I do feel much better moving around. I have the worst pain standing up in the morning and later evening, and sleeping is the worst.
Katmom said…
Kristina,, love the sweet yellow Finch...We have something similar,, but not quite as bright and yellow.
Your Lilies are lovely,, I finally got around to planting some this year,, right now they are only a couple of inches tall.. but with all this crazy cold weather we are having over here in the N.E. part of Washington,, my garden is about a month behind everyone else...
Isn't it fun to watch the different birds? The best entertainment.. and it's Free!
Have a fun and safe 4th of July...
>^..^<
Rebecca Knox said…
Love the bird and flower photos! Absolutely beautiful! Have a Happy 4th of July! :)
mamasmercantile said…
Lots to see and admire. Hope you are feeling better.
Katmom you are right about watching the birds. I've seen red headed woodpeckers lately too. And our hummingbird loves my flower bed and comes every year too.
RB said…
Isn't that little finch as cute as all get out. I pray it makes it a long long time.
I pray we all do too.
Love to all.
God bless.
RB
<><
RB, he is adorable right?

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart