Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, January 31, 2020

Overcast Continues ~ Scratchy Throat ~ Romeo

Yesterday Morning.  We got zero sunshine, even though they said we might see some.

I had to make a trip to the "Big City" to fetch not only the overcast hot pads, but a set of soft violet too.  She didn't want either set, so they are up over on my farm shop blog.

With that said, a trip to town cuts all my work/play time out of the day.  I literally had time to feed the chickens before dinner, and get the mail.  There is no stove to stoke.  Hubby worked until midnight last night - no wood cut.

Last night I wasn't feeling all that great either.  I woke up to a scratchy throat.  I sipped some hot ginger tea with honey and downed some sage tincture for my throat.  I was feeling off too, so I didn't even wash the dinner dishes.


Well, I can say we are glad we haven't built the dog fencing yet.  We now know his capabilities as far as sailing over a gate.  We've moved the stairway gate up halfway to the top (the steps turn halfway up).  Now he cannot sail over that one and get upstairs and get into anything.  We'll need a tall dog fence for this guy.  He has some powerful legs.


8 comments:

Carol said...

I hope you are feeling well soon. I am sorry that you had a wasted day.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Carol, I plan to diffuse some healing oils, sip hot medicinal tea and read a book today. Hopefully, I am back to cleaning again. Hubby is really enjoying seeing the house stay organized.

Luludou said...

Hope you feel better - I've been feeling like that this week too, which is why I took the day off today and can be here to read your blog :) Not really sick but just feeling off and not sleeping well either (hot flashes). You have a jack Russell for a dog? my brother had one, yep they are jumpers.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Luludou, the dog is part pitbull, black lab and boxer. I think it's the lab in him.

mamasmercantile said...

Hope you feel better soon. Such a shame about the hot pads, they are such a lovely make I am sure you will be able to sell them or they will make a great gift.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks mamasmercantile.

Cockeyed Jo said...

Feel better Kristina.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Cockeyed Jo