Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Purge Party ~ Grandma's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I finally did it!  After talking about it for a year or two, I finally dug through my semi-good jewelry and held a jewelry purge party with two of the girls. 



They had so much fun too, and I cleaned out my stash.  There was even more that didn't get into the photo.  Felt so good, and they are "happy campers" to say the least.


I even made my Grandma's oatmeal raisin cookies for the get together.  Hubby's been asking for them, and since I only made one cookie at Christmas - wa-la!


9 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

I could only wish my kids would take some of my "stuff" but evidently, they have enough of their own and the things they do want are things I am still using! LOL! The cookies look good but I don't care for raisins so I substitute craisins. Happy New Year's Eve!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Happy New Year Sam I Am!

Susan said...

That is a great idea! It's a win-win for everyone. Those cookies look delicious - oatmeal raisin are my all-time favorites.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Susan!

Lady Locust said...

Sweet! You are going like gang-busters. Good job.

RB said...

I just did about the same myself, well... in one corner of my bedroom. With health problems, things have piled up, so it's going to take time. But I piled everything I want gone in the middle of my bed, so... I can't go to bed until I deal with it. LOL
I'm also dealing with a COPD flare up, maybe caused by this coughing virus going around. Dunno. So off we went to the clinic yesterday for an exam and xrays, and then to the pharmacist for RXs. I had to leave one cause it was $130, and didn't have the $$$ for that. So I'm on a steriod step-down along with a cough supressant and and an antibiotic. Tomorrow will be better. I believe it.
Praying none of you all get the coughing virus. Week before CHRISTmas we went to Walmart, and I swear, all you could hear throughout the store was coughing. Should have known to buy hand sanitizer and use it before leaving the store, but we didn't. :(
With love.
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Lady Locust

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, when I hear people coughing I high tail it out of the store as fast as I can shop. It's crazy some times. Hope you feel better soon.

RB said...

Thank you. I'm on so many drugs now, I worry. Do you know any SURE and NATURAL way of dealing with coughing and COPD?
Thanks.
Love you.
God bless.
RB
<><