Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, December 28, 2019

Filling up the Planner ~ UFO's

I dove in.  Again.  Although overwhelmed due to lack of space, I worked in my bedroom and closest all Friday.  If I didn't devote the entire day to get a good start, it wasn't going to happen.

Daughter was finally home all day, so I didn't have dog duty either.  When I came across something that required more work, I wrote it down and went back to focus on the re-organization/purge.  I can get so off track in that closet.  Like a bunch of bags with half finished projects.  

Oh my gosh, you would not believe (or you would if your yarn space is small and cluttered), how many UFO's I found.  Sigh.  I found a Christmas project I started several years ago and never finished it.  I'm writing them all down to get them out of the closet before the end of March.  



I found a book I bought for a Christmas present, and totally forgot about.  It was for our youngest daughter.  Sigh...hence the binder and writing down where it is, ha ha!

Our plans to celebrate our anniversary won't be happening today.  Rain is coming tonight, so we'll be cutting wood.  Looks like we'll be celebrating sometime in January depending on weather.

6 comments:

Carol said...

I need to purge a couple of areas as well. For many years, I have said that I am going to make the kids a scrapbook for Christmas and never do it, so this year, I am going to do it. I also need to organize photos, but I will be starting that in January.
Our anniversary is Jan. 11 and it is our 25th. I am hoping that we can celebrate somehow. The weather is usually bad, but so far this year it seems to be abnormal, so let's hope the warmer weather holds on.
We are expecting rain as well this weekend. I am thankful that it is not snow, but I need to be sure we have wood ready. I know ours is cut, but not stacked and covered.

Sam I Am...... said...

I can so relate to "getting off track" when clearing and cleaning! Good for you! I like the idea of writing them down too. Although, I remember a gal that took all her WIPs and put them in paper bags and then would just choose one and work on it until it was done and then grab another bag. It eliminates the tendency to only work on those you like and ignore the rest...this way it's up to chance. That book looks interesting. Sorry about your anniversary but at least you get to be together. Maybe New Years? Regardless, I wish you both a very happy anniversary!

RB said...

Sorry you didn't get your anniversary on time. I didn't get CHRISTmas this year either. Had been coughing for a few days, then CHRISTmas morning I woke up with a sore throat and called the family to say I wouldn't be coming. No sense in infecting them with whatever this crud is. So I stayed home with a pot of hot tea and watched White Christmas. It was nice.
What a great idea to write unfinished projects down. I'm doing to do that too. I use to have a thing that I wouldn't start one project until the first was finished, but then babies started coming, and that all went to the wind. LOL
Praying for a great week for everyone, and a safe one too.
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carol, same here, weather usually is bad enough to not go out and celebrate. Hopefully we (and you) can in Jan sometime.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Sam I Am, and thanks for the idea with the paper bags.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, sorry you were feeling ill, I surely hope you are feeling better soon.