Skip to main content

Thursday's Thoughts

So, I went and did it again. 

I'll be taking a small hiatus (I typically post a blog post daily) from my blog, but hope to be back soon.  Meanwhile, I'll have my foot elevated. 

About a week and a half ago, I was inside the garage, putting it up, to put camping chairs and tables away.  Daughter's friend put the table against the outside of the door and it slammed down on my foot.  Apparently, if you have varicose veins, an injury (not always, but I'm the lucky one...sigh) can cause pressure in the veins and more injury.

Weeds will be growing and I just don't care.  I hope Hubby and Daughter will help pick from the garden, tend my ladies and gent, get the mail, etc.

I have no idea how to manage a breakfast for the both of them, nor dinner, so we'll see what happens.  I'll manage something.


My survival bag over the next six days.  Praying I don't need it much after that.  Possibly down the road for definite vein surgery. Meanwhile, I'm downing my elderberry tincture for the immune system, and placing an order for real vitamin C.  There will be a prescription picked up today, along with a topical cream, so probiotics are on the grocery list for Hubby to pick up.

Say a prayer, send up good mojo, and good thoughts.  Another decision by my doctor will be made next week after this long holiday weekend.  I'm just glad we didn't have plans, ha ha!  I guess Hubby will be busy, but I'll not be much help to him.

Comments

Mama Pea said…
What a poopy end to your rough, tough summer! You're so active each day that I know it will be hard for you to "stay put" with your foot elevated, but if you don't do it, your recovery period could be a lot longer. Gather those handwork supplies, your library books and whatever else you can think of and consider it a time to get lots done in those categories. If hubby and daughter don't/won't/can't help out with all else that's necessary, shame on them! It will be a graphic demonstration of all you do!!
MaryP said…
Take your time and know that life will go on around you. It is so hard when you are used to being up and active. I broke my ankle a year ago by falling down the stairs at my son's house and, although I appreciated the great care by him and his family (my 3 grandsons fought over who got to help me), it was so hard to have to stay down and inactive. It was my first time on crutches and the most frustrating thing was that I couldn't carry anything so had to depend on someone else anytime I moved from one place to another.
Leanna said…
Well, that sucks. I finally get walking around pretty good after my foot mishap and now you get hurt and have to take a hiatus. I just love reading what you have going on. Take care and I hope you don't have to have surgery.
Goatldi said…
Hang tough!

Try to relax and allow all who want to serve you in the fashion which you deserve. Imagine that has diligent you are caring for your clan that it will be returned in copious amounts.
Luludou said…
Oh my! Sending positive thoughts for a quick recovery. Take care
RB said…
Oh my, sending prayers for sure. I don't have varicose veins, but I am diabetic, so I have to watch foot injuries too. Just keep it elevated and relax. The weeds will wait, and if the hubby and daughter want to eat, they're going to have to figure out how to do it themselves I guess.
In the meantime, I'm sure sending prayers.
God bless.
RB
<><
Thank you all for your prayers, good thoughts and good vibes. I hope to have an update sometime later this week.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart