Skip to main content

Hi Ho, Hi Ho It's Off to Weed I Go!



Yesterday's sunrise and guests that came by.  It wasn't the prettiest sunrise, but still pretty.

Due to excessive rain, followed by a heat wave, this happened.  To no fault of myself either.   I blame the weather.

Green beans are in there somewhere.  Oh what a mess it is.



Three hours of work, before I had to take care of the puppy (not happy about missing out on my work time when she interns).  Not all survived, but I should get a good amount.  One plant already has starts on it.  The last row is iffy.  Tall grass everywhere.  I put an S.O.S. out to one daughter who I know will come help withe either puppy or garden.  I hope to get that help soon.  

I hope to have a photo when it's tilled, but no promise.  I must move onto the potatoes or tomatoes next.  They are a hot mess too.  Row of wax beans looks great.  Beans on the plants too.  Second row (green beans), about 1/2 survived.  First row is a lost cause - only 4 plants survived.

It rained after I took those photos, and too wet to weed.  I will be heading out there again today.  

Comments

Faith said…
the photos are beautiful. You live where earth touches sky or so it appears. Love the big bodacious fuffy clouds in the sunrise. Straight out of GOD's coloring book. Your deer friends, so pretty. We get them here in the city, the poor deer, they don't know what their missing living in the busy, noisy crowded fast city. They adapt.As we all do.
Rain said…
Gosh the weeds...how frustrating, I can't imagine all the work you'll be doing and I don't envy you! The photos are beautiful, the sky is so pretty! :)
Thanks Rain. I love a good sunrise. Yes, the weeds are frustrating, but the green bean plants look great.
Leigh said…
I hate it when that happens! And it's so hard to keep up with it this time of year. :(
RB said…
Sad you have to do so much of this all on your own. I remember gardening, harvesting, etc. when I was a child and teen. It was hard work and wasn't fun, but that's what living on a farm is.
Prayers you have a great weekend coming up.
God bless.
RB
<><
mamasmercantile said…
Loved the photo with the deer, the peace and tranquillity the photo evokes is a joy. Such a shame the weeds are taking over, the weather conditions have been a real hindrance for you again. It must be soul destroying after all your hard work. Today's another day, hopefully the weather will be conducive to garden work.
Leigh, it is difficult to keep up with it, especially with no help whatsoever this year. Just me and myself, plus puppy.
Thanks mamasmercantile. I'm working out there as much as I can these dry days we are having.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart