Skip to main content

Wednesday Tidbits

It is in our hopes that Jesse's Mom lets us keep him permanently.  He's had to go out more often due to tumors on his bladder, and he's getting up in the age that surgery is not a good option (he's already had a few).  I felt so bad for him the other night, when he could not get up on our bed.  I pat the bed now, and he'll put his front feet up and wait for me to help him up.  Then he curls up and sleeps.

He's also eating better with homemade food, and I doubt that his Mom will do that for him.  He's been like glue with me most days too and loves to help me feed the chickens.  

He's been getting me up too early, but I do feel it's because he loves to eat again.  Oh my gosh, and you should see how excited he gets when the school bus rolls up, or when Hubby gets home.  He always makes me smile how he trots after both of them for some love.  In fact, I told Hubby that Jesse could use a playmate, so we are seriously considering a puppy next spring.  

My project basket has been overflowing with good progress.  This will be for the last craft show of this year.  Photos to come soon. 

Yesterday was a full day of crochet, several loads of laundry a trip to the "Big City" to return rental movies, pick up chocolates for Christmas baking, a delivery to one daughter, a stop at the grocery store, and dinner with one daughter.  Last night I actually slept past 5:30am.

One of my hens, an araucana, has hurt one of her legs.  We popcicle sticked her leg with tape, in hopes to heal it.  I will be checking on her first thing this morning.  Not sure what happened.




Comments

mamasmercantile said…
Sorry to hear about the chicken, hope its not too serious.
Katmom said…
Bless you for a loving heart and willing heart to meet the needs of an elderly fur friend..


mamasmercantile, thank you. I have no idea what happened to her.
Thanks Katmom, we love Jesse, and he's a blessing to have.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart