Skip to main content

.....from the handiwork journal


Finished a navy headband for my oldest daughter.



Finished these knitted dishcloths to sell.  They are almost restocked for the next craft show.


Finished another mug/coaster set.




Finished a set of elf boot cuffs for Youngest daughter.  I'll most likely adjust this pattern for a shorter top on it, and round the top round in white vs. green yarn.  Small bells will be sewn onto the tips of the red part too.  Or possible leave them as they are, and give buyers an option prior to a craft show.  I guess you could glue on pom poms too.  It'll be interesting to see what Youngest wants on hers.  She can't wear them to school, but can elsewhere.  This pattern is for sale at Etsy by AllieCatsHats (not an affiliate, just sharing).




Started this scarf for an order for a Christmas present.



Current dishcloth on the knitting needles.




Current lapghan on the crochet hook.





I got a set of boot cuffs crocheted to sell.  New pattern.  I started a second set for a Christmas present as well.  This pattern is online for free at Crystalized Designs.  The only problem selling boot cuffs?  Not everyone can wear the size they make (most have one size).  I love the elf boot cuff pattern, because the designer included a size chart, so they can be made for calf size.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


In light of my panic attack (coyotes lurking) yesterday morning, and yes I was in my PJ's and bathrobe, I let my ladies and stud muffin Sparta (chickens) in the coop.  I didn't even take the chance to put them in their run.  They were pretty mad at me.

Tater Tot wasn't happy with me either (Jesse).  He loves to roam, and is never on a leash.  He was on a leash all day and hated it.

Most of the morning I was out looking for one of the barn cats.  I hadn't seen her and that worried me, but she later showed up.

Cheeta Puff (Tiger) has had so much anxiety with dogs (Mia is a cat chaser) in the house again, he was throwing up all over, and would not leave the utility room.  I felt so bad for him, so I snuck him into my room to get some lovin' time, while I crocheted.

I baked a new recipe.  It's from a healthy dessert site online.  I'll be sharing if it tastes good or not.

Comments

mamasmercantile said…
Wow so many projects, your needles must be on fire. I loved the elf cuffs, such fun. The coyotes must be a real scare, I am not sure how I would cope with that.
mamasmercantile, thank you so much. I've tried to catch up on my handiwork. Yes, coyotes are an issue with small animals. Thankfully, they have moved on.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart