Skip to main content

More rain

The rain arrived as predicted.  So much rain this year.  I told Hubby, "don't be surprised if you come home one day and see the green pepper plants are planted in the flower beds."

We just can't get the tilling done to plant them.  Along with the last of the seeds.

I got out all the "bells and whistles" yesterday for my aiding my healing.  I rested all day yesterday while Hubby was at work.  It felt great too.  I'm drinking a triple powered tea, which is helping greatly - lemon balm, mullein and freshly grated ginger root.

This morning, my visitor was a baby squirrel.  I was sipping my hot coffee on the porch and this tiny brown movement went under my feet.  Of course it took me off guard, and right behind it was Aurora. She must have been looking for breakfast, but it ran right up a pine tree.

Comments

Henny Penny said…
Honestly, I feel for you. We thought the rain would never end here, but it did. We've now had six days without rain. The chickens are no longer walking in mud. Thunderstorms are predicted for tomorrow however. Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks Henny Penny, it's pretty wet here yet. I hope to feel much better soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart