Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, January 15, 2018

Sunday Fun

I always try to call work fun, so I don't get down and out about doing it.  Actually, it was Hubby who said he's glad we had to go out and cut wood yesterday.  He said it's good to get fresh air in winter.   Then again, he's the first to say, "why do we do this?" when we run out of wood and we haven't planned early for it, ha ha!

The last few times we split wood, I found beauty all around us and went back out with my camera.  Hubby laughs at this, and calls me "crazy."

Here are the photos I took:





I may be crazy about certain things, but it was just too pretty not to take photos (even though we froze our ba-zoongas off slpitting wood).  

I had a carhartt over a full body carhartt.  Hubby's old ones that is.  And insulated boots.  Every winter I remind him why we need to cut more wood in the better weather months.  I know we had hiccups these past few years, but I am hopeful for a better planned year this year.

The snow is already rolling in (again).  I thought they said later in the week. Hm.  I hope it's not a lot.  At least it's not blowing today.  Whew.  My barn doors are froze shut (but one), so I'm looking forward to warmer days again.

I spent the rest of Sunday crocheting.  Hubby got called to work (prior to splitting wood), and housework just didn't sound right on what I call, my "rest" day.

I think I'll pull some more pumpkin soup from the freeze and get the day started.  I'm tempted to crochet all day (he he!) Or read a book.  Oh boy, that would be a treat.  I better got off here and get my chores done.  Have a wonderful Monday.



10 comments:

Jean said...

Your photos are so beautiful. Worth being cold to see such beauty.

mamasmercantile said...

Despite the hardship of that horrible weather, it does make for beautiful photos. Hope you managed to get some reading done.

Liz said...

Beautiful ice sculptures! But it had to have been cold splitting all that wood!
We are still stuck in the deep freeze around here too!

Unknown said...

We’re due for another storm, too. Although, it doesn’t call for a lot of snow.
Isn’t the ice beautiful? Too bad it’s a bear to drive in!
Debbie

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Jean!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, I did not get any reading time, but I hope to this week.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Liz, I am thankful I have old carhartts to wear, but yeah, it's cold.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debbie, you are right about driving in this weather. Brr!

Sam I Am...... said...

I know when I used to split wood on the farm I liked it cold as I worked up a sweat! Are you sure you're not 'goofing off' too much? LOL! Just kidding. It has been brutally cold everywhere. Your pictures are pretty...nature pictures are the best!
I have Saturday as Craft Day otherwise I really don't get to focus time on them and then Sunday is rest also but sometimes I have to cook or do some chores....I need to plan my Sundays better. Good for you!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sam I Am, my craft days rotate depending on what work needs done here too.