Skip to main content

Sunday Fun

I always try to call work fun, so I don't get down and out about doing it.  Actually, it was Hubby who said he's glad we had to go out and cut wood yesterday.  He said it's good to get fresh air in winter.   Then again, he's the first to say, "why do we do this?" when we run out of wood and we haven't planned early for it, ha ha!

The last few times we split wood, I found beauty all around us and went back out with my camera.  Hubby laughs at this, and calls me "crazy."

Here are the photos I took:





I may be crazy about certain things, but it was just too pretty not to take photos (even though we froze our ba-zoongas off slpitting wood).  

I had a carhartt over a full body carhartt.  Hubby's old ones that is.  And insulated boots.  Every winter I remind him why we need to cut more wood in the better weather months.  I know we had hiccups these past few years, but I am hopeful for a better planned year this year.

The snow is already rolling in (again).  I thought they said later in the week. Hm.  I hope it's not a lot.  At least it's not blowing today.  Whew.  My barn doors are froze shut (but one), so I'm looking forward to warmer days again.

I spent the rest of Sunday crocheting.  Hubby got called to work (prior to splitting wood), and housework just didn't sound right on what I call, my "rest" day.

I think I'll pull some more pumpkin soup from the freeze and get the day started.  I'm tempted to crochet all day (he he!) Or read a book.  Oh boy, that would be a treat.  I better got off here and get my chores done.  Have a wonderful Monday.



Comments

Jean said…
Your photos are so beautiful. Worth being cold to see such beauty.
mamasmercantile said…
Despite the hardship of that horrible weather, it does make for beautiful photos. Hope you managed to get some reading done.
Liz said…
Beautiful ice sculptures! But it had to have been cold splitting all that wood!
We are still stuck in the deep freeze around here too!
Unknown said…
We’re due for another storm, too. Although, it doesn’t call for a lot of snow.
Isn’t the ice beautiful? Too bad it’s a bear to drive in!
Debbie
mamasmercantile, I did not get any reading time, but I hope to this week.
Liz, I am thankful I have old carhartts to wear, but yeah, it's cold.
Debbie, you are right about driving in this weather. Brr!
Sam I Am...... said…
I know when I used to split wood on the farm I liked it cold as I worked up a sweat! Are you sure you're not 'goofing off' too much? LOL! Just kidding. It has been brutally cold everywhere. Your pictures are pretty...nature pictures are the best!
I have Saturday as Craft Day otherwise I really don't get to focus time on them and then Sunday is rest also but sometimes I have to cook or do some chores....I need to plan my Sundays better. Good for you!
Sam I Am, my craft days rotate depending on what work needs done here too.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart