Skip to main content

Books, Books and Books!

.....from the library
This one is interesting.  


Who has eaten a peanut butter and pickle sandwich? 










....which means I need to steal some time to read these, or at least flip through some.  And before they are late.







.....another pick up day.




...I am really going to need another "day off" but that is not happening in the next few days I think.  I brought in a boat load of zucchini this morning, so the chopping begins.  I wish I had more interesting news.




Comments

Rain said…
Hi Kristina :)) Breakfast Comforts is the cookbook I use the most besides Comfort Food by the same author :) Rick Rodgers has some fantastic recipes I hope you enjoy that one - but you'll need to be on the treadmill more often if you start eating like us lol. The Mystery Writers cookbook looks very interesting! I'm going to look that one up too. Alex found some cookbooks written by Vincent Price, we're just waiting to see if we can find them used because they're quite expensive. Don't you love cookbooks? :)
Susan said…
I lived on grilled peanut butter, mayonnaise and pickle sandwiches when I was a freshman in college. I interchanged the PB with cheese to mix it up a bit. I was a vegetarian back then and they had no Vege alternatives at the dorm. I still love them to this day. You're going to have to take a week off in order to read all those!
Rain, I love borrowing cookbooks from the library. I can typically find a gem in a few of them.
Susan, I am pretty sure some will have to be checked out again, ha ha! I'm always looking for new recipes that use wine or other booze, and also recipe for gift giving ideas.
Sam I Am...... said…
I have the 100 Days of real food and the Just in Case book which I like. The Mystery writer's Cookbook looks good and the breakfast comforts one. They all look good and I wish our library had books like that but they don't...they are old and behind the times! LOL! So, I have to buy them. Enjoy...if you get time.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart