Skip to main content

Projects in Progress

What is on my knitting needles? 


A dishcloth.


What's on my crochet hook (s)?



The baby blanket I started many years ago (sigh), and I need to finish it.  I left it last on the list on purpose.  I can work this project on-the-go, on the porch, etc. in hot weather.  It's truly a lesson on what not to start when I have so much going on in my life.



I also have a bathroom hand towel in the making.  Just a few more granny squares to make.


What's on my afghan crochet hook?


A pot holder.  In bright magenta.  I tried to crochet this while I was in the hospital (towards the end of my stay), but the medications made me too loopy to concentrate.  


I have another baby blanket started as well.  It's making it's way to the Farmer's Market.  That's the plan, but time is ticking...


What's on the tatting needle?

Nothing.  I have been wanting to get my crochet threads out and get a few doilies made.  I'm trying to have diligence, and not start any until other handiwork is completed.

What's on the embroidery needle?

Nothing at the moment, but I have a set of towels that I have ready and washed.  I would like to get a set embroidered for my soon to graduate Vet-tech daughter (one more year of school).  I also have plans to crochet her a set of cup coasters, but need to shop around for the color of yarn she requested.

Comments

I found your blog a few days ago and I'm enjoying your archives :)

I love that dishcloth pattern - so simple but lovely. Beautiful colour too.
Sam I Am...... said…
A feast for the eyes! I love all your projects and I have been organizing my patterns and projects too...Spring cleaning is in full swing here! I threw out a bunch of paperwork I went through...that is the hardest job...going through paperwork. I think it is because it is so time-consuming and yet it doesn't really look like you did much...lol!
I love both baby blankets and making your own towels? Do you use cotton yarn for that? Sounds like a great idea as I need some new towels. I too have been trying to "finish" up projects....any and all! Take care!
RB said…
A long long time ago, I had set a discipline for myself not to start one project until I'd finished the one before. That was successful for a long long time. Then we moved and a project in works got lost in the shuffle. I started another, then the first turned up, and I've been out of that discipline ever since.
I need to get back into the discipline again though. Heck, I just need to get a project started. I haven't quilted, knitted or crochetted in a long time, and there are many many babies I need to get afgans or quilts to.
Have a great weekend ya'all.
God bless.
RB
<><
Thank you for visiting Aurora. And thank you for the compliment.
Sam I Am, I used cotton for the towels. Way back in the day, when a yarn company went out of business, I purchased cones of 2-ply (thinner than the cotton I use for dishcloths). I have been using it up to make towels.
RB, I have been wanting to learn to knit socks for years, and have not had the time. I also have wanted to learn how to make baskets. One year I signed up for a basket making class and had to cancel for some reason. One of these days (I keep telling myself).

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart