Skip to main content

Another Barn Discovery

I apologize in advance for the fuzzy photo, but these pulleys are way at the top and I was on the ground photographing them.  They are the original wood pulleys, still intact.  I took a quick picture for our album.

 There is one more at the very top peek of the barn too.

Once again, we have someone interested in the barn.  What's left of it, minus what we'll take from it.  Not sure if it will happen, but we'll see.  This will be the umpteenth person to look it over.  It is a lot of work, but I would like to see it reused as much as possible. 


Comments

Mama Pea said…
Old barns and their histories. Don't you wish your barn could talk and tell all the stories!
Mama Pea, there are 70's license plates on the north side of it too. I would love to know it's story.
Susan said…
I love those pulleys! Do you plan to build another barn?
RB said…
Just for fun, I looked those up online. They're being sold for as little as $25 to as much as $185 each, so you might be able to make a bit on them if you can get them down. Google "vintage wood barn pulleys" or "antique wood barn pulleys".
Those beams are still sturdy and strong. I bet you could sell those individually too cause you can't buy them like that at lumber supplies or home improvement stores anymore.
God bless.
RB
<><
Susan, we do plan to put up a new barn down the road. We just have to get this one down, all the dead trees taken care of and a few other projects done first (including a dog fence).
RB, I looked up the value too. They are way up at the top. We'll see if these last folks really do want the materials.
Kim Campbell said…
I have one of those pulley's from my Grandfather's farm. :)
Kim, I'd love to keep one, but we may give the materials to the next person interested. We haven't heard back if they are simply waiting for better weather or not interested yet.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart