Skip to main content

Back to the Garden and other happenings


I'm back to gutting the garden, but will leave the greens in for a while yet.   It was a toss - clean the coop or head to the garden.  Tough decision.  School was delayed, and eventually closed (again) for fog.  I sure hope we don't run out of our snow days before the snow even arrives.

Instead of work, aside from laundry, I ended up "playing" first.




 
These turned out pretty nice, but the paint bled out on a few letters.  Also these boards are cracking when we saw them, so the wood is very brittle.  Not sure if I want to try and make any more at this point.

Update on the permit hearing - it could not proceed last night.  The land owner did not have legal proof the land was in her name.  Meeting is rescheduled for October 21, 2015.  We appreciate your continued support and prayers.  We found out that we are not the only adjacent land owners.  There were 10 people invited.

Comments

RB said…
Wow! School closed for fog is unusual. Must've been real bad.
I wonder if something like Thompson's Water Seal might refresh those boards a bit so they can be used for the signs.
Also, good news 10 homeowners were at that meeting. If your neighbors hold the same view you do, your case against the mudder will be stronger. I hope all attend the next meeting too.
Raining here today, a nice gentle rain. I kinda wish we'd gotten this in the summer, but that's not how NC is anyway, so no sense wishing for it.
God bless.
RB
<><
RB, they closed two times for fog this school year.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart