Skip to main content

....from the handiwork journal



. . . still working on the scrap crochet blanket.  I had plans to donate it, but Hubby and one daughter are fighting over who will get it.  We'll see.  This is my project to unwind on cooler evenings here. Right now it's 55 inches wide by 42 inches long.




. . . made this fall flower vase (the flower with button was inspired by my 16 year-old) with scrap materials. The button came from a blog giveaway from Kim at Fiber and Flea blogspot.  I posted the simple instructions over on my S.C.R.A.P. blogspot.


Comments

Mama Pea said…
Your crocheted scrap blanket reminds me so much of a traditional scrap quilt. Sometimes putting random colors together works out in the best way possible. Love it!
Thanks Mama Pea! It's been fun making it.
EMMA said…
That's going to be a great blanket!
RB said…
The afgan is gorgeous. I have always loved scrap afgans. They're so original, colorful and individual because there will usually only be like it. I've made several through the years for siblings babies and grandbabies, with hopes it will warm them when young, will warm their young when they're old enough to be parents and then will finally warm their legs when they grow old too - I hope.
God bless.
RB
<><
RB, I too am growing a love for the "scrap" blankets and rugs. They end up very pretty.
Sam I Am...... said…
What a gorgeous blanket! I can see why they're fighting over it! You're doing a beautiful job too.
Sam I am, thanks. I've been able to add a few more rows since I poste this too.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart