Skip to main content

In Memory

When I took this photo back in April of 2014,
I had no idea that I would be saying good-bye to two of them in this year (and a cat), let alone one.


I'm so glad I took the time to take the photo, because it shows them all healthy, happy, and content.  That is the way I want to remember them.  Jesse (on the right in the photo) is the only dog here now, and he just turned 8.  

It's been the most trying year on us so far, and when you lose a pet, it changes things.  Please keep us in prayer, especially Son, who is 2,161.5 miles away from home right now. 


Rest in Peace Alias.  We are going to miss you!

Comments

Unknown said…
It's so tough losing our pets, so sorry....
Kim said…
I am so sorry.
We lost two in one year... February/ November... it is hard!
I'm sorry for your loss. I will keep your family in my prayers.
RB said…
Awww, it's never easy to lose a loved one, including ones from the animal kingdom. The very best friends I've ever had have been critters, starting with a tiny 4# poodle that I lost about 15 years ago, that I horribly miss still. I've often said, "I believe one can a little glimpse of heaven in the eyes of a loving dog." And I believe that.
How God must rejoice to see those who still remember that He appointed us their Caregivers, not their users or abusers, but their Caregivers, to give care to them and their needs throughout their lifetime, and ours!
Love and prayers coming your way.
God bless.
RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart