Skip to main content

Romper Room ~ Surprise Mail and Tidbits

I have been trying to get clips of the kids (baby goats) romping around the kitchen, but I end up laughing so hard, the videos end up with headless goats or just feet.  Or, as you'll see in the video, the dogs get excited when they hear the pitter patter on the floor.





We laughed at them trying to get milk from a coat hanging on the back of a kitchen chair.  They are just so stinkin' adorable at this age.



I'm so excited.  People driving by my mailbox must have thought I was partaking in the 5pm hour.  I got this in the mail yesterday!   What a fun mail day (jumping for joy).  This gives me the excuse to go check out some new colors of yarn.  Thank you Susan!



I finally got the last goat coat made.  The sewing machine is put away until I get play time and figure out everything I can do with it.  It's a newer one, and I have much to learn yet.

Our farm vet made a house call yesterday, and Orion has newly trimmed horns.  The shorter one was getting way too close to his head again.  However, they are growing less now, so trimmings are spread out longer apart thankfully.  He was a rescue goat (with scurs) when we got him. 

I'm sharing a giveaway with you all today.  If you like herbs, and if you do not follow Mountain Rose Blog, they are offering a giveaway right now - an herbal kitchen book!  Go enter here:  Mountain Rose Blog
 


Comments

Sandra said…
The video didn't come up foe me. I love far babies, the always manage to bring a smile!
Sandra, hopefully it will play for you later. Don't forget to click on "read more" to see it.
Susan said…
I do not think there is anything as adorable as baby goats! Especially when they do that bouncing thing, with all parts going in opposite directions! I have to tell you, I did the same happy dance at my mailbox - what a fun book!!! Now just don't show me up too badly... :)
Susan, I do need to teach myself how to switch colors when knitting, so I'm looking forward to learning more with this book. Don't worry, ha ha, I'm sure I'll be taking it slow. Thanks again!
Carolyn said…
Bouncing baby goats are soooo stinking cute.
Carolyn, those two stinkers tried to get milk from one of the dogs, while we had them inside (ha ha!). They are so cute.
RB said…
Sounds like there's wayyy tooo much fun going on there. LOL

Enjoy, cause they grow up so darn fast.

God bless.

RB
<><
RB, they are so much fun right now.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart