Skip to main content

Sunday Review


Despite having to drive up to the ICU again for one of Hubby's sisters, we got more wood cut.  We are about 1/3 done for a season, so you can see how far behind we are on that job.  What can I say?  Hubby works a lot of hours and with my son gone, I don't have a wood splitting partner to speed up the job.


I'm up early to figure out tonight's dinner, and so I can get my list started.  My hands hurt badly today from stacking wood, so I'm digging out my wax treatment gadget.  

Hubby and I should not have stayed up to watch the Bengal's game.  Typically, he watches it elsewhere, while I stay home and catch up on handiwork.  Sadly, his team lost, so he was in bummed out mood this morning.

You can see the tiny pieces of cross-stitch work that will be Christmas ornaments.  Despite difficulties with my hands, I am really having fun making these.  You'll get to see them soon.

One of the kids has shared that they are learning in school about the dangers of eating "fat free" foods (processed).  I'm glad.  She'll now understand why growing the garden and raising our own meat is worth it.

I was tickled to hear from both military kids yesterday, although I miss having a long talk with Daughter.  She's been busy with Combative training. 

We'll I better finish my list and get started. The rain is slowing me down this week, as far as the garden work goes.

Last night, we got an update that Hubby's sister was awake and eating.  Yesterday morning we were all called to ICU due her not talking, not eating, and in a lot of pain (she continues to fight an infection, and is the sister on dialysis).

Comments

Kim said…
I will say a prayer for your SIL. Staying busy is the best when the kids are military. So I guess the Lord knows just what you need.((((hugs)))))
Thank you Kim! Her name is Lavina. She really gave us all a scare yesterday. I hope today's update is better than last night's too.
Susan said…
I love that needlework - do you find that using your hands even if they are stiff is more helpful? I have, although there are some mornings I have second thoughts. Behind here, too, on the winter prep. Hoping it (winter) holds off until I am at least half ready.
Susan, I do think it helps keep my hands. Thanks for the compliment on the stitching. I'll share that project soon.
Jen said…
I love doing cross stitch. My daughter and I just learned how to do embroidery from a woman at church.

Praying for your SIL. I pray you have a good week.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart