Skip to main content

Could this be your home?


I had to share this postcard.  It was the only one we bought on our recent road trip.  I took a picture of it in the car, on the road trip.  It made Hubby and I laugh pretty good.  However, in reality, we could live in that house and be perfectly happy.  It really made us sigh, as in a happy sigh.  

After the recent repairs, appliance break-downs and other issues, this house is looking really good.




The party last night went smoothly.  The party went well into the night with his friends, but I'm glad he has today to rest up again.  The gokart was up and running, and I hope to see my trees standing this time (I haven't walked out to check).  The rain held off and we could spend time on the porch too.




Now that I have had a Marine flag and USA flag flying, we'll need to locate an Army National Guard flag to support our oldest daughter.  Can you tell I am taking advantage of Mom bragging rights? 



At the last minute, I decided we were having corn on the cob at yesterday's party.  I cut them in half and it worked out nicely.  I even sent corn home (un-shucked) with everyone that came.  Or at least I tried too, ha ha! If they said "a dozen" then I gave them a few extra (he he).

While we were all hanging out in the kitchen cutting Son's "congratulations" cake, my cell phone rang.  It was our oldest daughter.  They had earned another call home.  That was awesome.  Everyone that was here got to listen and talk to her....just another "ahhh" Mom moment.  She had just completed a 12 mile hike that went through the night hours.

Comments

Mama Pea said…
It's a wonderful feeling to be able to love our home and family life, isn't it? These days it seems to not be the common thing so those of us who have it are blessed. (Not that we haven't put some blood, sweat and tears into creating our havens!)

Glad your party for your son was a success. A wonderful memory for him to take with him into this new phase of his life.
Sandra said…
That is so funny, and probably the only house we could afford too LOL

But with that said, I would also be perfectly happy living in it. :)
Unknown said…
Maybe those flags will scare off your neighbors too!
The party sounds wonderful. I know you must be so proud. Heck! I don't even know your youngins' but I'm proud too. Love the flags.
and that card is funny. I could probably be happy in a little cabin just like the one pictured.
Liz said…
Your house is so darn cute. Would love to spent some time on that porch! Glad the party went smoothly. What a treat with a phone call from your daughter!
RB said…
Have a best friend in Atlanta who could never live in a house like that, although I probably could. We'd be driving on road trips which we tried to take once a month just to blow the stink of the city off us, and I'd see an old decrepit house (usually Victorian, I love all the gingerbread no matter how badly it needs painted) and say, "There's a fixer upper," and she'd say, "That's a tearer downer." LOL

Just shows how different people can be, and still be great friends with just a little bit of respect and understanding.

God bless.

RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart