Skip to main content

Back Porch ~ The other place we hang out

Hubby said, "Now that the front porch is all done, let's deck out the back porch."

So far it's pretty with pinks, but I'll be adding more color.  This is just the beginning I think.  That little shade flower bed to the left needs weeded out and flowers planted as well.


We have one of these hanging pots on each side of the door at the patio. I simply left them in the store pots, but may change that if necessary.  The hooks are not very long so the pots have to be smaller here.

Now the the garden is completely in (aside from locating mild banana pepper plants), I can now tend to the rest of the flower beds.  In fact, after the last rain, we noticed almost everything is up.  Phew!  That is such a good feeling.  I'm thanking God every day for that.

I'll be tweeking my back porch (really a side porch the way the house is built), and hope to have photos soon.  

If you can't tell, we intend to have porch time much more often this year.  Last year we got very little due to the weather.  The kids have voiced that they enjoy the porch too.  It's a great place for them to do homework, read, write, or simply sit and take a few minutes to channel in nature.  I love to sip hot coffee, and watch the sunrise (on the front porch) still in my jammies.  It's a great place to eat any meal too.

I'm sure there will be "porch" conversations all summer and fall.



I'll be sure to make sure Hubby has ice cold beer on hand, for relaxing at the end of a hard day's work. 

Have a fun filled, safe, and exciting weekend!  God Bless.

Comments

Sam I Am...... said…
I've had that Fat Tire beer and it's good! LOve your porches and flowers.
Such a beautiful view you have there! And I am right there with you...there is nothing better than taking it all in from the porch! I can't wait to see more and a lovely weekend to you and your family! Nicole glad the plants are all up :)))
Mama Pea said…
What is the saying? "You shape your environment and your environment shapes you." Kudos for making a pretty, relaxing place for your family to gather and enjoy each other. Our only porch or deck is "out front" where it overlooks the gardens and berry patches . . . which is admittedly a great view. Don't know how much relaxing the deck will afford this summer though because it's rotting and falling apart (oh, sad to say, yes it is) and replacement of it is one of our big projects for this summer. Maybe we'll have it done by September and can still get a few weeks of relaxing on it. :o) Hope so!
Liz said…
We haven't had any porch time yet this year. But that is in the plans for tonight! You have a very relaxing space!!
RB said…
Gorgeous!!! I have an old watering can like that. It's pretty ineffective for watering because it has no dam across the top front of it so when you tilt it to sprinkle water onto plants, the water flows over the top of it as well. pfffttt But what a GREAT idea to paint it and use it as a colorful planter. I'm going to do that for sure. Wonder what color I should pick.

BTW - Is there a way to share your posts on my Facebook with my friends. I don't see a share button here anywhere.

God bless.
RB
<><
RB, I tried to add a share button for facebook, but it would not work. I'll tray to see if I can get help on this.
Carolyn said…
Our front porch is a hangout, but I really need to do some BH&G things to it. I LOVE seeing a pretty porch!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart