Skip to main content

Button Switchplates ~ Quinoa Burrito Bowls ~ Walnut Shells Going Camping


Man, I just can't win for losing.  My doctor now has me on another prescription.  This frustrates me.  Although I am enjoying the time resting, I am getting that itch to get things done, and tired of getting tired in a short time when I am up.  Hopefully this one will do the magic I need.  I did clean out 3 complete binders yesterday.  I know, what was I thinking?  I am a pattern hoarder no more.  Phew.




Here is one magazine page that did not make the "cut" when cleaning.  It's cute, but I could see this being a dust collector and difficult to clean if I made them.  It came from a 2000 issue of Woman's Day magazine.








Although I was not up to it, I made dinner for the family - Quinoa Burrito Bowls.    This recipe comes from Diabetic Cooking magazine, and I sometimes search out healthy recipes from that magazine (even though we do not have any diabetics living here).  As you can see, I used a plate - another revealed hoarded recipe.  If you make this, do not skip the fresh lime juice.  It's what flavors the dish. 



I'm thinking Spring.


I saved all of the walnut shells we cracked last year.  I will be grinding some of them down to fill pin cushions (have yet to figure that out yet), and the remaining shells are being made into fire starters.  I am also saving some for other projects.

Be sure to check it out at my S.C.R.A.P. Blogspot.

It's another item dealt with this winter, a job completed, and another item preparing us for camping season - nothing wasted.

Comments

Mama Pea said…
You've got some tough germs you're fighting there! Besides actually being sick, I think not being up and about, not using all the muscles you normally do all day long, weakens you so it's no wonder you have a lack of energy right now. Keep eating healthy and taking your "homegrown" medicine. Are you able to sleep well at night?
Most nights I can sleep well, but last night I did not.
Candy C. said…
I hope this latest prescription does the job for you. The burrito bowl/plate looks awesome and you are right about the switchplate... :)

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart