Skip to main content

Rooster's Gone Wild and Other Farm Frenzies


I found this cute garden rooster, and it has a flower pot in it.  I admit, I didn't get very creative with the pot of flowers, but at least the grass in it looks like feathers.


The raccoon (or something else) got one of our meat chickens.  Since then, we have covered their "coop" better.  However, I wish I would have taken a photo of the aftermath.  Two chickens were outside the "coop" and one walking around.  The other was on the outside too, but hanging for life, on the outside of the fence, and stuck between that fencing and between the fencing behind it.  It was alive and not hurt, but I laughed in aw, wondering how in the world it got there.  It's hard to explain, but I sat that in wonderment and laughing.  It was one of those "Huh? How in the...." moments.

My son gifted me yet two more wonderful gifts.  One was a WiiFii extender, so I can receive a better connection back in  my room, and the other was this awesome apron.  It contains a printed photo of the drawing he did for me, and our farm name.  This will be the new apron I wear.  I love it!


Wanna guess what this mess is all about?  


It's the floor of the master bath shower.  The day after we moved in, the tile started to crack and come apart.  It has gotten so back, that we had extended family come over (who does this sort of thing for a living), and remove it all.  We bleached it, and they are coming back today to install new tile.  No wonder I was getting sick all the time. Underneath the tile that was in there, we found black mold.

Well, the rain is finally here, but putting a damper on a cookout.  I never did get the remaining tomato plants in the ground yet either.  I did get 4 lettuce plants, 2 cayenne pepper, and one more banana pepper planted.

Comments

Katmom said…
awwwe, what a wonderful son,,
wiifii and a cute apron...
>^..^<
Winnie said…
I love your new apron with your son's lovely artwork! It is so pretty and colorful plus it is a one of a kind which makes it more special!! Perfect for the Farmer's Market!
Unknown said…
I just had new bathroom tile installed by family..only took them 8 months to complete it! The apron is a great gift and although you are getting heat..it is moving our way finally..we've been damp and cold all weekend!
Candy C. said…
Neat, neat apron! I'll bet you have people wanting to buy it! :)
I'm glad you found that nasty mold, that could very well be what has been making you sick all this time.
EMMA said…
Your apron looks great, what a thoughtful gift from your son.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart