Skip to main content

Camping Capers


If you have been a follower on my blog, you may remember our Camping Funny Post.

Well this time, this is what happened this past weekend. Yikes!  Look at picture #1 and then at #2.  See anything odd?

We left to do some fishing and when we got back, the awning was completely blown on top of the camper.  

Hubby I took the younger two girls camping, and once again, the weather man was wrong.  Instead of warm, sunny 60's, we had cold, cloudy, and very windy weather.  We fought the weather every day, until Sunday.  Cooking over the fire was a bit of a challenge.  I am glad we could borrow the camper, as it had electric heaters that we did have to use.  It was that cold Friday night.


Either way, and although we did not catch any fish (had a few tugs), we still had a good time.  Festivities were cards, glow-in-the dark Frisbee, and journaling.  The girls spent quite a bit of time writing stories and journaling (when they could).  I of course took a book, crocheting, and a journal.


About the card game.  I played go-fish with my youngest, but was instructed that when I would say "go fish" that I had to say "meow."  And it couldn't be just "meow."  It had to be enunciated in different tones and vocals. Ha ha ha!

We are back home today, and already have one load of laundry on the line.  Hubby and I do not own sleeping bags, so our home bedding went with us.  I think the kids sleep better with their own pillows too.  

Today is Hubby's last day of vacation, so we may go fishing this afternoon yet.  Although the camping trip was for relaxation, it was also a good time for the girls to practice their fishing skills.  We hope to catch a lot of fish to supplement our meals this summer.

Someone asked what fish we catch in our area.  Depending on where we go, catfish, bass, bluegill, perch, and in some areas trout. 

I hope your weekend was great too!      

Comments

Candy C. said…
Camping in the wind is never any fun.
I love to go fishing too and would really like to get several fish in the freezer for later eating. We never seem to catch more than a couple though. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart