Skip to main content

What are you . . .

(my snack while cleaning yesterday...a girl has to have her chocolate)

I'm not one to "blog hop" or the like, but I found the most recent post on Henningsen Happenings a fun one. 

Here's mine:

What are you. . .


Listening to:  the rabbit shake his watering unit, and my oldest daughter's cell phone vibrate (she should know that her alarm won't wake her up that way).  Not exciting information I know.

Eating: Nothing at the moment, but just ate two farm fresh eggs over easy for breakfast.

Watching:  Hubby and I are in the 6th episode of 8, of McLeod's Daughters.

Reading: Naked, Drunk,and Writing (see?  It really is a book)

Making:  Another dishcloth and more rag rugs.

Planning: What chickens to buy soon, what cool weather vegetables to plant, and what cheeses to make this year.  What to build to house our meat chickens.  New item ideas for Farmer's Market and what dates to attend.

Doing:  Right now I am blogging while I wait for the washing machine to finish.

Feeling: Tired. Overwhelmed with today's mundane chores.

Loving: The sunshine this week. 

Wanting:  A completely clean house all in one day.  A sun room for hubby and myself. To get back to the gym.   To screen in a side porch.  To rip out all carpet and put in wood flooring.  Another weekend getaway with hubby.  My extra weight to miraculously fall off  (hey....you asked what I "wanted").  To buy a camper.  To build or create a "writing" room of my own.  To...to....to...this list is endless.

Thinking: Wondering what my 13 year-old is doing in D.C. right now.  Thinking that I should already be on the treadmill, and not sitting my bum in this chair. 

And looking forward to:  A much needed, relaxing trip to the island, camping, sipping iced tea on my front porch, and opening the windows.


A Year of Quotes:
"Well done is better than well said."
  ~ Benjamin Franklin 

Comments

Nancy Jo said…
Hi Kris,
You are always so busy. Yes strange title for a book. I would love to be outside but its really cold here right now.
What is under your carpets if you took out the carpets, maybe you can refinish whats there.
Nancy Jo
~Kristina~
Loved this!
I love your 'wanting' list... sometimes these little parties are nice!

glad you joined and glad I was able to read it. Makes feel like I know you little bit better.
If we lived close...I' sit on the porch and drink iced tea with you. :)

Pat
Teri said…
Glad you liked the questions and answers!! I borrowed it from Trish at www.lifeloveandatouchofinsanity.blogspot.com
Tami said…
Oh yes, the "wanting" list is always long. :) And I love your "looking forward to" list - similar to my own. Don't know where you are, but unfortunately my beach will be next to a lake or farm pond instead of the ocean, but it'll do for now.

I played this same question and answer game on my blog - it's a lot of fun. I may have to make it a regular thing.

Thanks for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart