Skip to main content

Cold and Cozy ~ Vehicle Repairs/Sales


Last night I attempted to get my jammies on early (very early at 5pm), and read my new Folk magazine.  A dear friend gifted me a subscription, and I have never read this magazine before.

However, last night, we had a lot of traffic in and out.  Thus, my jammies never went on early, and I didn't get to enjoy this magazine with a cup of tea.

This morning, it's a different story.  I plan to read with peace and quiet, as all the kids are in school/college, but one.  It's freezing here, and snow on the ground from yesterday, so it's a perfect day to "cozy" up and read.

With so many leftovers, I won't need to make dinner tonight either.  Yay!  I do need to use up 4 more bananas.

Yesterday I baked a blueberry/banana muffin recipe to use up both, then baked a batch of homemade granola, and then started a crock pot of beef stew.  I tossed in frozen Kohlrabi I had in the freezer from last summer's garden too.

We sold both the van and the car yesterday.  There's good and bad news.  We discovered the intake was cracked on the van (could have been done by the last guy we hired to install the last parts), and it would cost about $289.00 to replace.  Then we discovered a strut broken on my son's old car.  If driven this way, could cause the driver to have a bad accident.  We informed the buyers, they offered much lower prices, we sold them as is, as they offered to do the repairs.   However, overall, I am glad we discovered it prior to selling.  We are honest folks, and want to keep it that way.

   


A Year of Quotes:

"What's important is that one strives to achieve a goal."
    ~ Ronald Reagan

Comments

Candy C. said…
What a bummer about the vehicles but at least they are sold!
Let us know how you like the magazine, I've not seen that one before.
It's snowing like crazy here right now. I'm hoping for early jammies tonight myself! ;)
Michelle said…
We got a lot of snow here. I am thinking it's a good day to make bread. It's going to be a quiet day here too.
So glad you sold the vehicles.
Too bad about them needing repairs, but as long as you gave FULL disclosure to your buyers--that's all that matters.
Glad you're feeling better.
I won a subscription to FOLK last year. It's alright--has some good recipes, and crafts. I guess the best part is all the businesses and advertisers are selling products MADE IN THE USA and homegrown artisans!
They are a bit liberal for my taste--but that's not deterred me from reading it!
Pricey--so won't re-up my subscription. It was nice enough while it was free. :)
Sam I Am...... said…
Let me know how you like that FOlk magazine and what it's like. I've seen it online but never knew what was inside.
It's nice to have integrity....you sleep better at night.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart