Skip to main content

A Peek At My Key Chain Collection


Keep in mind, that I have over 400 of them (the last time I counted)....also, some of these were gifted to me by family when they traveled, others are from my own traveling days.  And of course, some just caught my eye and I bought them. I started this collection when I was a young teenager.


And a big thank you to Emma at Just Having a Yarn.   By asking to see more of my collection, you have inspired me to do something with it.  I have one idea to start with.  It may take all year, but it's better than keeping them in boxes forever.
 

 From India

 From Hawaii

From Brazil

From Florida

 Camping Lantern

From Tupperware

From a Whale Watching Boat Tour

   From a trip to the waterfront

 Mini Maracas

 Remember when those plastic shoes (pink one) were in style?

A few fake drinks.  Although the Coke bottle is glass with actual liquid inside. I'm not sure if it's real coke or not.

Mini toothpaste tubes and sticks of gum.

   A few ways to travel.

From the Bahamas 

 From a Hotel In Spain

 Mini Bible

 Florida Keys

From Childhood.  I think this came from our elementary ice cream social.  Back then, the prizes were much more fun.

My sister's and I used to ice skate for fun.

Mini Tool (I have different ones)

From London.  I am pretty sure this came from my older brother.

A Fake Saltine Cracker.

   Remember the movie E.T.?  The movie theatre I watched this movie it, is now an upscale bar.

   I took many flights out of Detroit during my Travel Agent days.

A mini harmonica from a hotel in Brazil.  This was from my sister's traveling days.

  From my childhood.  I still love Rock n' Roll!

From Fuengirola, Spain (it has a pad of paper on the inside).  I think the pencil is in the box of key chains somewhere.

  From Buenos Aires, Argentina

From Toronto, Canada.  A train trip to see the opera and sites. 


Comments

That was so much fun!
I remember the Tupperware key chains...do you know when those were made?

Very interesting collection. I've been seeing so many bloggers sharing their collections, is someone hosting a party for collections or something?
I don't think 'dust' is an official collection...but I've amassed quite a bit of it. I don't think anyone would want to see it! LOL...

enjoyed these, Pat
I don't know when they were made, but I used to host parties when I was in high school. The consultant is still a Tupperware dealer today. I wish I could collect the other ones they made too.
Unknown said…
What a wonderful colection..I see you have one from my neck of the woods.. Massachusetts.. Thanks for the lipstick holder tip!
Michelle said…
I have never seem a lot of these. They are real cool. Thanks for sharing. It was fun to see your collection.
Deborah said…
I love your keychain collection. Deborah

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart