Skip to main content

Snowed In and Loving It

Middle of the afternoon on Christmas Day.

The next day, same time.

This morning. 

Barn cats, Aurora and Sapphire, hanging out while I took photos this morning. 

 That little stinker Aurora, was actually in the house when I got up this morning.  She must have darted in when Hubby left for work.  These two were purring up a storm this morning.  Like little motors.  Their food bowls are a bit snowed in, and we still need to finish building an insulated cat house from them.

We are snowed in, but not for long.  I'll enjoy it while it lasts anyway.  The driveway drifted over in 3 places, making it impossible to get in or out.  Hubby will dig us out after work tonight.  According to the news, we only got about 3 inches of snow, and they had predicted up to 10.  It's the wind that makes the difference also. He got out with his 4-wheel drive, but I would need to pull a "Dukes of Hazard" to get ol' Eunice out of the driveway. Ha ha ha!  

 Yesterday was my 14th wedding anniversary.  I set up a table in our bedroom (only room to have a quiet dinner in our house), and had a quiet candlelight dinner with hubby.  I played some dinner jazz music, and served wine in the green wine glasses we bought during our island outing this year.

 

 

 

Comments

Happy anniversary. We are the same. We have to sneak to find a quiet spot around her too. Blessings of a full house.
Sharon said…
I wondered where do you live? Does three inches of snow make such a big problem. We start thinking it is a problem when there is 2 feet of snow and the county road is not plowed. Happy Anniversary!
Michelle said…
Happy Anniversary. I love snow and cats. I have the cats just wish we had the snow.
Carolyn said…
Happy Anniversary!
And yay for kitty pictures :)
Unknown said…
Congrats on your anniversary! My cat always hogs the heating vent now. Hopefully your cats will have a warm, dry place to hang out this winter. I'd hate to see frozen cats:(
Candy C. said…
Happy Anniversary!! :)
I love the first two before and after pictures!
EMMA said…
Happy Anniversary!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart