Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, December 16, 2011

Santa's Helper ~ Preparing for a Christmas Reunion

Santa's Helper mailed my 9 year-old daughter a present:


The golden cat looks like her own cat.  She is in love with this apron.

 (Tiger, her cat)

My 19 year-old son baked his famous M&M cookies for our family reunion, which is Saturday.  My 15 year-old daughter is helping bake almost all the rest of the goodies.  

She has made a batch of buckeyes (left), a batch of chocolate covered oreos (right), chocolate covered pretzels, a batch of noodle ting-a-lings and has plans to help make more goodies after school.

I admit, I am stressing a bit.  I may not get everything made this year. I should have made my jelly a month ago.  Sheesh, what was I thinking?
I may break out my Christmas albums (the old-fashioned records) and play some non-stop, commercial free music to relax. 

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Thank you for following my blog. I know the feeling of not getting everything done. I am so far behind I don't know if I found a rope or lost a horse.

Michelle said...

The apron it really cute. The cat looks like he is hiding from the camera. Let me guess a shy cat.

Candy C. said...

Don't stress, just enjoy yourself! It sounds like you have lots of help! Oh, and by the way, the reason you didn't make your jelly last month was because you were sicker than a dog, remember!! That apron is just cute, cute, cute!