Skip to main content

Organizing Gifts for Christmas 2012

If you follow my blog, you know I am a journal junkie.  Now is the time for me to drag out my craft journal.

Years ago, I bought this "Crafty Gals" organizer/journal at a Christian bookstore.  Gosh, that must have been over 5-6 years ago.


It has sections for listing supplies, projects and notes.  I'm currently listing all of my unfinished projects that need finished, along with gifts for next year, including Christmas.

While digging through my unorganized supplies, I found these wooden rings.  They are about 3 inches in diameter.  Each ring has a hook already in them.  They were marked $1.00, but I like to shop and look for the color tag that is 1/2 off that day, and got these for $.50.

I decided it was time to make ornaments with them for next Christmas.  I found a pattern on-line for a giant wreath that also works for small rings.

I used leftover Christmas colored yarn (cotton) to crochet around the ring, using a pattern from Good Knits.

(backside)

I will use recycled cardboard and glue a circle to the backside.  I am not sure yet what I will put in the center of the cardboard, but I am considering quilling something, cross-stitching something, or adding rings of tatting of some sort.  I guess I will decide after I get all the rings finished first.  

This takes 2 more items out of my closet - yay!  In the last two homes I have lived in, I had a special room for my crafting supplies.  Each with a table to work on.  Now, in this old farm house, I have shoved my supplies into my bedroom closet.  I don't have the room like I used to have (at least at this time).  It's forcing me to get items out and finish them, before the garden season arrives again.

Comments

Lisa Brawner said…
those will be beautiful !!!!
I find myself using up what I have around the house too, before purchasing new supplies of any kind. This year I have been fortunate as my parents are cleaning out their hosue and I am coming across treasures at their house for my use.
Those are sooo cute!

I chuckled at this post, because I have things stuffed here and there and am the most DISORGANIZED I've ever been...all since my kids moved out!
One thing I have stuffed...(the chuckle part)...is a small bag of wooden rings JUST LIKE YOURS!

now I know what to do with them when i find them.

have a great day, Pat
Candy C. said…
Nice little wreaths!
I miss my crafting room too, it's hard to have everything out on the kitchen table. :(

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart