Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Garden Journal

May 5th
. . . planted sunflower seeds in the old water trough.  

May 6th,
. . . had evening thunderstorms with hail.  Lettuce, Peas, Onions, and some Spinach is up.  I hope they survive the hail.

May 7th
. . . one redbud tree seed has sprouted so far.   We planted 5 Dahlia bulbs today.

1 comment:

cmilba said...

Intriguing! Somethings telling me that I should read and place a comment on each one. Sometime ago, I planted 30 dahlia tubers, 10 sprouted out of the many. I wonder how many of your five dahlia had sprouted.