Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, January 25, 2010

New Recipe - Kale Chips

Yes that's right!  Chips made from Kale!  I'm putting the first batch in right now. 


Okay, I am back with a photo and an update.  These are so DELICIOUS!  The kids are fighting over them.  I will have to hide some for my husband to try.  They are a delicate crisp chip with a slight broccoli flavor.  I used olive oil on my Kale chips and used the recipe from the Clean Eating Magazine.  

This is definitely staying in the family recipe book.  It's a great way to get kids to eat vegetables in their school lunches.  Yum!  I'm so glad I found this recipe.

The link in this post will direct you to a similar recipe.  I tore my leaves into bite size pieces and brushed the oil top.  I didn't measure my salt I just "eye-balled" it.

No comments: