Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, November 16, 2009

Sluggish Brain

I have discovered on my own, that not exercising truly affects my ability to write creatively.  I'm not able to push "worries" from my head, and concentrate on work.  So, in an effort to think better, I'm back on the treadmill.  The kids have been after me, and now I am after them to exercise.  Last night I had to laugh.

They invited me to do the Boxing VHS tape with them.  I backed out, knowing full well I need to work up to that sort of strain.  Funny thing is, they couldn't do it either.  I looked over at them, and the video was going through the warm-up, and they were just standing there.  I have to say it was pretty funny.  The last time I attempted to do that work-out I just about knocked myself out.  After they work up to 4 moves I just lose track of the sequence. 

The weather is rainy, cold, and dreary today.  Another reason to get off my rear and get motivated. 

No comments: