Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, March 30, 2023

This and That

 


I've been terrible at meal planning, but we brought home some tomatoes from our recent trip, and sliced them up.



We made BLT's.  I have no idea for the rest of the week yet.  Other than I boiled eggs for egg salad.



I managed to get that air mattress into the bag it came with.  It's not shutting all the way, but it's in the bag ha ha!

I think my husband and I decided we need a complete day off.  It may happen this weekend.  We'll see, but that would be nice.  I feel like we've been working on the house for the last two years now.  There are so many people jealous of our updates, but it all started because it needed to be done, not by random choice.

I'll admit, I am exhausted daily lately.  I don't even have energy to read a book, let alone crochet our blanket.  I was excited about garden season, but lately?  Not.  We do deserve a break now and then.





2 comments:

Jackie See said...

You do what is best for you and your husband, always. The work is always there. I know how you feel. We built our (no builder) house 21 years ago. It was 10 years before I got windowsills. Enjoy and I hope you feel the excitement and desire and laugh and cuddle and everything good! ~jackiesee~

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jackie, although I can say the smaller bathroom is completely done, the living room still needs a few things finished. I cannot wait to organize the garage so we know where all the tools are ha ha!