Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, December 14, 2018

Big Red and other stuff ~ Crochet/Knit/Crafting neck lamp

Big Red has now been dubbed "Ole Unreliable" by Youngest.  Hubby worked over and the truck for some reason wouldn't start for her to go do volunteer work.  It worked fine for me early in the day.  Hubby believes it just needs a new battery.

A funny to share about Big Red (truck).  I had so many library books to return that the truck kept telling me my "passenger" didn't have a seat belt on.

We will be looking for a new, better, TV antenna.  The one we have doesn't always work depending on the weather.  While Hubby worked over, and I wanted to watch TV and crochet, I had a horrible time.  Three clothespins and maneuvering a curtain, I was able to get three more channels, ha ha!

Check this out!  I had been debating buying the crochet hooks that light up, or a neck lamp.  After talking to someone who had the hooks, I went with the lamp.  She said the hooks are light weight, but sometimes too bright and can cause headaches.




So far, I love it.  It's rechargeable, so no batteries needed.  I'm not an affiliate for this product, but I found it on Amazon.  Now I can work on dark colored yarn projects much easier.  Just thought I'd share.

In preparation for the big gathering with two combined birthdays, I started on one homemade gift....




. . .a kids scarf, Buffalo Bills colors.


I also started on a few more handmade gifts - photos to come soon.  Just a bit late on getting them started.

I've also collected patterns for new items for craft shows, but the main focus is cleaning up the house.

I've now created cow Christmas tree ornaments.  What's next?  I guess we'll see.  Hubby told me to create some (cows) a while back, and low and behold, someone asked if I had any at a recent craft show.  Now I do.

It's a warm 42° this morning.  Feels like a heat wave compared to the 20's.  

No comments: