Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, January 21, 2017

The Clean Machine

I can get so side tracked while cleaning.  Really I can.  I started the other day by finding a page (one of two) to a crochet pattern.  Yes, you get two posts today.

...don't give up on me.  I'm going somewhere with this story today.  There is a bonus at the end too.


I wanted so badly to find the other page, so I could crochet a "tic tac toe" bag, and add recycled poker chips for the game pieces.  I want(ed) to sell them at our Farmer's Market for kids.

Ha!  I purchased a box of poker chips for next to nothing.  Sometime in my days, years, and years ago.  Many years.  

Hubby likes to play poker, but they play with money, not "chips."  It's all friendly, and some games they just give each other their cash back.

Plus, the recycling force within me, kept saying "you can do something with those poker chips!"

I squelched that voice within, after searching for the book title (for hours) online, and not finding the book (nor the pattern anywhere).  

So, I went to my "craft" bookshelf.  Yes, I have one for those books too.  I searched there.  Nothing.  However, somehow it led me to a storage bin in my room.  It's a wicker box, with a latch, and doubles as a stand, but stores stuff inside. I've had that "box" for years, and not even opened it since we moved here (yikes!).  I knew crafting supplies were in there, but I found long lost crochet hooks, a baby toy from my Army daughter's birth (that needed a sewing job), half cross-stitched pillow cases (one missing), and much more.  

Now this only reminded me (are you laughing yet?) that I had un-crafted, cross-stitch tea-towels in my closet (tags still on them), in another "craft" bin.  I had plans to cross-stitch something nice and gift them for Christmas.  That was over 10 years ago, and the towels are in large supply.  I put that bin on the bed, and together, Hubby, ,myself and our 17 year-old came up with a plan (and we had many laughs over my supply I hoarded).

To honor my inner "Clean Machine" force this year, I am having a blog give away.  Just leave a comment if you are interested.  You must live in the U.S.  I have college kids, so budget is tight this year.  You don't have to say anything specific, other than if you would like in the drawing.  I'll draw a name on January 27th - next Friday.
 
Here is what you get:   

Tea Towels of course, ha ha!  Don't worry, you'll get more than one.  They are not all Christmas green either.



Larger towels! 



Baby bibs!  In three colors!


Cross-stitch Bookmarks!


A complete unopened set of these!



And that is not all!

Cross-stitch tote bag! 


A brand new apron that needs crafted!  I have no idea what I had in mind for this.

If you are wondering if the inner voice, screaming at me to recycle the poker chips, won or not?  It lost.  Off to the thrift they went.

11 comments:

Kim said...

Well put me in! And don't tell hubby!

Catherine said...

I would love to be entered in the drawing. I just wanted to say, even though I haven't commented before, I read all your posts and you inspire me in my beginning stages of my urban homesteading. I was really worried about you when you got sick and there were no posts. I am glad you are ok!

Unknown said...

Love your blog!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Kim, you made me laugh, ha ha!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Catherine Lee, I am feeling much better now.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Sue Legg

Sam I Am...... said...

Count me in....I'm already starting on gifts for next Christmas! LOL!

Farmers Wife said...

You sound like me!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sam I Am, and Valerie, you are both in the drawing.

RB said...

What a wonderful idea!!!
Please don't put my name in the drawing though, cause I already have a ready-supply of crafts that need doing, i.e. numerous baby quilts for babies already walking, uhmmm...some of whom are already walking to the school bus. (sigh)
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks RB, I left many cross-stitch projects in my craft "closet" for myself. I hope I didn't leave too many, ha ha!