Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

I did a naughty thing.....

Feeling pretty lazy for once, and not feeling guilty for once....


Yesterday, I literally put jammies and a thick robe on (at 3 o'clock in the afternoon), donned some slippers, turned on the "boob tube" (have no idea where we got that nickname for the TV), and crocheted until I finished this rug.  Last year Zuri got a toy caught on it, and then her teeth, and I ripped out several rows.   It's now finished, in the hallway, and it's "dog safe" for now.  I'm thrilled I took the time to get another unfinished project out of my looming closet.  I ran out of boxes to purge more books anyway.

Dinner was already in the crock pot - sweet potato/black bean chili.  I ate that in bed too, ha ha!  Hubby worked late, so I started crocheting on the scrap blanket too.

It's in the 50's today, but dark, and rainy.  I sure hope the wind dries up the swamp we now have.  The pellet stove is off, the wood stove is off, and I'm in the kitchen today.  I should be cleaning a bathroom, but you know we have to make those big decisions, ha ha!

9 comments:

Susan said...

Well, it's about time! Seriously, there is nothing bad about taking a day (or two) and just relaxing. Besides, you are always working while you're relaxing so it almost doesn't count!

Mama Pea said...

I'm curious if you used worsted weight scrap yarn for your rug . . . or something heavier. If it is made of worsted weight yarn how do you get it to lie flat for you? Getting into pjs and a robe at 3 in the afternoon sound absolutely wonderful! Unless I get a burst of energy, that may happen to me today, too. (It's only at smidge after 2 p.m. so I can't do it yet, can I??)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Susan, you made me laugh. You are right. Unless I'm reading a book, I'm always working on something, ha ha!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, I used cotton. I crochet two together and and "I" hook. I just use up scraps leftover from making knitted dishcloths, and crocheted items made from cotton yarn.

Sam I Am...... said...

I would love to make those rugs too as I need them. I was going to use acrylic worsted though as that is what I have the most of. I wonder if that would work? I love yours! I usually have my pjs on about 6:30 or 7:00 p.m. and get in bed because I have lots to do in the evening and my only t.v. is in my bedroom and my bed is like my couch! LOL! I watch the news then, work on a handwork project and then do my reading and a Sodoku puzzle to keep the neurons firing! LOL! Glad you took time for yourself!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sam I Am, I highlighted my rug making in the left column of articles on the front of my blog. I simple crochet two strands of cotton yarn (used for dishcloths), and an "I" hook. I crochet across until I have the width I want, and use single crochet. I wash my rugs in cold water and line dry them. So far, they are holding out very nicely.

RB said...

I did that yesterday. Worked from 10am-2pm and came home so bushed, I changed into pjs, laid down watching tv, and promptly fell asleep. My right shoulder (torn rotator cuff) has been bothering me quite a bit lately, so when I do sleep, I often wake with every movement shift because of the pain, so I felt like I was catching up, and it felt good.
I did get up long enough to care for the cats and chickens. Their food and water bowls need changed and filled, so I did do that, but all in all, my afternoon asleep went well. Life went on and the world didn't end after all. ;o)
I pray everyone's having a great week, and a safe one too.
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, I like your words "life went on and the world didn't end after all." I love that.

RB said...

;o)