One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Mixing Up Elixir


Over the years I have purchased elderberry syrup from organic health stores.  This year, however, is my first year to make my own elixir.   While doing more research, I have discovered that the "elixir" works better, as it is not heated like the syrup is.  Thankfully, the mail was delivered yesterday, and my elderberries arrived.

 



I do not have access to fresh elderberries here, so I purchased organic dried elderberries.  I located a recipe online, and used raw honey.

I'll let you know how this recipe works.  You can take it as a preventative, as well as at the onset of illness.  There are many more recipes online for such elixirs, than in books. 


2 comments:

Willow said...

Do let us know . Making it fresh sounds like a great idea.

Sam I Am...... said...

I think I'd make pancake syrup as those berries look mighty tasty!