One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Bringing Out My Skirts

I love my skirts!  I used to wear them every day, but over the years gained some weight.  Now that I'm back to the gym, and watching what I put into my body, I'm back into a few of my skirts.


I have about 3 "hippie" skirts and love them all.  My mother mailed me this one years ago.  I just love it!  My 10 year-old daughter wants one just like it.  

I am working with another farmgirl, on ordering a jean's skirt she is making.  It gives me more motivation to stay in shape and get down a few more sizes.  I know I'll feel a lot better too.

Don't-cha love my slippers? Ha ha ha!




5 comments:

simplicityinthemaking said...

Good for you on the farmer's market. I am gearing myself for the fall market. Knitting, sewing and making preserves. Good job with weight lose!

nancy said...

Congrats on getting in shape! I love that too, getting into old clothes, now some of those are getting loose! Good job on your sales too! I'm sure people will spread word of mouth too :)

Michelle said...

We have a farmers market here very Thursday. I love them.

Sam I Am...... said...

That's great! Glad you sold some stuff! I don't wear skirts at all. I'm too active to do that! LOL!

Anna said...

Sounds like you did GREAT at the market! I do wish the market I have been selling at would pick up, or I had a better car to make it to the one a little further away. Here, everyone is afraid to turn loose of a penny.
Beautiful skirt! Takes me back a ways, lol.