Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Better Butter


I told hubby, we could skip buying the cow and just make regular trips to the bakery that sells this butter.  It's a 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive, but we all need to get away right?  


I haven't convinced him yet, so we may just have to buy the cow some day soon.   I am already searching for a butter churn.


I am really enjoying the taste of this growth hormone free butter.  It's tastier than organic butter I find in stores here.

4 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

We have neither available here but I do love my butter! I've tried to switch but I always go back to butter. You're right though. I wouldn't need a cow just organic cream? Not sure I can get that either. We have organic milk but that's it in the dairy department. I try...LOL!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I love butter. I don't know that I've had organic butter...but I bet the Mennonite Dairy Farmers around the corner-- (a few miles really) have it.

I should check this out!

Pat

GrannyAnnie said...

That would have been perfect on the bread I made today! I can't wait to get a milk cow. I look so forward to homemade butter, fresh milk, and especially homemade cheese and yogurt.

Nancy said...

We're fortunate to have a Mennonite bakery only an hour away. One of our staples from the bakery is the roll butter. It does taste better! Since I've been watching my calories, I've decided to make what I do eat taste very, very good. Why waste calories on bland margarine or artificial flavorings just to save a calorie, if any?

Butter: yum, yum, yum!

Nancy
www.liveasavorylife.com