Skip to main content

Better Butter


I told hubby, we could skip buying the cow and just make regular trips to the bakery that sells this butter.  It's a 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive, but we all need to get away right?  


I haven't convinced him yet, so we may just have to buy the cow some day soon.   I am already searching for a butter churn.


I am really enjoying the taste of this growth hormone free butter.  It's tastier than organic butter I find in stores here.

Comments

Sam I Am...... said…
We have neither available here but I do love my butter! I've tried to switch but I always go back to butter. You're right though. I wouldn't need a cow just organic cream? Not sure I can get that either. We have organic milk but that's it in the dairy department. I try...LOL!
I love butter. I don't know that I've had organic butter...but I bet the Mennonite Dairy Farmers around the corner-- (a few miles really) have it.

I should check this out!

Pat
GrannyAnnie said…
That would have been perfect on the bread I made today! I can't wait to get a milk cow. I look so forward to homemade butter, fresh milk, and especially homemade cheese and yogurt.
Nancy said…
We're fortunate to have a Mennonite bakery only an hour away. One of our staples from the bakery is the roll butter. It does taste better! Since I've been watching my calories, I've decided to make what I do eat taste very, very good. Why waste calories on bland margarine or artificial flavorings just to save a calorie, if any?

Butter: yum, yum, yum!

Nancy
www.liveasavorylife.com

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart